Chicken piccata recipe
I had an excellent lunch today: chicken piccata, fresh hot baguette, and an orange for dessert. It was so delicious I'm going to share the recipe with you! I originally got it from foodtv.com, but I adapted it because ew, capers.
Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts (butterflied, google it) or 4 "aiguilles" whatever that means in English, they were cheaper than the breasts; I flattened them with the heel of my hand
- salt & pep & pepper
- a bit o' flour
- 2 tbsp ish unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp ish olive oil
- some squirts of lemon juice
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, shake off excess.
- Melt some butter in some olive oil. Throw in the chicken. Cook 2mn one side, flip, 2mn other side.
- Remove chicken from pot. Add lemon squirts and maybe some more oil/butter. Lemon juice will make it sizzle like crazy so get your hands/face out of the way.
- Throw chicken back into pot for a bit to give it that lemon zest. Remove chicken, arrange artfully on plate.
- Melt some more butter in pot. Then drizzle oil/butter/lemon juice mixture luxuriously over chicken. Serve with bread. Watch an episode of Pushing Daisies. Be sad that it was canceled. Find a petition online to bring it back and be the 80,000th person to sign it.
I had to go shopping before lunch. Here is my shopping list.