September 11, 2009
Interesting websites I have recently come across:
- The Longest Poem in the World: featuring Twitter.
- Weltschmerz: a German word I found via John Steinbeck. German's got a great vocabulary.
- The astronomical drawings of Étienne Trouvelot: via but does it float.
- A collage map of the world's tallest buildings (1896): on UT's historical map collection (which is neat in itself).
- http://www.yooouuutuuube.com. Specifically this film, Rendezvous in Paris, made in 1978... illegally, speeding at 140mph through the heart of Paris. I might have already posted about this, but it's got a great backstory.
Aw, Paris. I miss you, I do.