I like this Alot
My friend and fellow GSLIS alum Jeff Ginger designed and 3D-printed this Alot for me. I'm so happy to have a new desk buddy! It will also be handy to use as an exemplar when talking about what 3D-printed objects look like.
- Designed in Blender, open-source 3D modeling software
- Refined in Netfabb Studio Basic
- Printed with an UP! 3D printer
See also: Detailed info about printing Spore Creatures from the Champaign-Urbana Fab Lab, in which Jeff is very active as a leader
- Reading list: 3D Printing, Rapid Prototyping, Additive Manufacturing & Laser scanning (list of links)
- Absolutely Fab-ulous (link to Ebscohost). (2012). Library Technology Reports, 48(3), 21-24.
- 3D printing at University of Nevada's DeLaMare Science & Engineering Library (blurb in ACRL News, 2012)
- Several Alot designs on Thingiverse
- 3D printed monsters overview at the Champaign-Urbana Fab Lab